Elegant traditional stone mansion (built in the 1582) located on the Tuscan hills on the outskirts of the medieval village of Fosciandora. Luxurious family home, ideal for small B & B hotels or a unique venue for weddings, retreats and other functions.
Spectacular views, dependance (including large traditional house built in stone with barn) and 15.000 sqm of land with pool.
The villa is furnished with antiques, some dating back to the days of Napoleon, available with separate sale.
Fosciandora (495 m slm) is a very nice village, a few kilometers from Castelnuovo di Garfagnana, 49 km from Lucca and less than half an hour from Pisa airport. At 3 km is the railway station of Fosciandora located on the main line of Lucca / Pisa to Aulla.
The small center has maintained its medieval appearance with the castle, the church and the tower. Summer is rich in local cuisine and traditions.
Ground floor - oriental wing
The ground floor comprises a number of beautiful interconnecting rooms, a large traditional wine cellar, a back corridor that was used as a way to escape during various wars.
The large dining room has a tiled floor, exposed beams and a beautiful marble worktop. Next to it is a large pantry with wooden ceiling and terracotta flooring. The dining room is well-appointed and features a large traditional stone fire, square terracotta tiles and a beamed ceiling. A door leads to the living room with its two attractive columns, exposed beams and tiled floor.
Ground floor - west wing
The eastern wing of the ground floor was the original kitchen area and retains some features (including a working stove) that have about 200 years. It is currently used as an office area.
The formal lounge is on the first floor and is beautiful with its original terracotta floors, frescoed ceilings, antique furniture (including a grand piano in the middle of the room) and fantastic views from the French windows. Continuing master bedroom with original 1800 fireplace and terracotta floors.
From the main hall, a door leads to a library with stacked shelves with books and ancient documents, many of which relate to the history of the manor house itself.
There are 5 double rooms, 3 in the east wing and 2 in the west wing (all with period furnishings and art, the oldest dating back to the 1600), 3 bathrooms and a bathroom with shower.
The second floor is divided into two apartments. The apartment in the eastern wing has wood floors and beams and includes kitchen, bathroom, dining room and 2 bedrooms.
The apartment in the west wing features terracotta floors and painted beams, private entrance to the courtyard and consists of a large corridor with 3 windows, a large dining kitchen, a attic, other 2 large bedrooms, 3 bedrooms, 2 kitchens (one with open fire and the other with stone washbasin and bow window) and four bathrooms with window.
Traditional stone house with barn (about 180 sqm). This building had different uses for all ages, from the chair to salami (the old stone fireplace is still on site) to a school.
Limonaia / Stables (about 30 mq) with bows, terracotta / stone floors, sloping ceilings and ancient vault underneath (one was an ice house while another had arrows in the wall since the mansion was a fort). This enchanting building is currently divided into lemon trees (for preserving the grape citrus in winter), large kennel, gym and haybarn.
Large courtyard with exceptional views
Water will be provided with private water
ENERGY CLASS: G 290,2 kWh / m3 a