Part of Villa of Quarto and precisely all the ground floor consists of a large apartment of 500 sqm completely renovated and another 180 sqm to be restored, with private garden of about 3.000 sqm.
The historic complex houses 9 well-kept apartments all to live in a historic and exclusive privacy setting but not too isolated.
In addition to the enclosed wall, the residence features a 6 hectare farmland of which 3 with olive grove with 300 plants and the remaining lawn.
The villa dates back to the fifteenth century and after several passages of ownership in the 1713 became the Pasquali family, which commissioned Alfonso Paris, an architect of the enlargement of Boboli, to restructure it.
In the 19th century it belonged to Gerolamo Bonaparte, former king of Westphalia, who was the daughter of Matilde, daughter of Russian Prince Anatolij Demidoff. It was at this time that the villa assumed the definitive structure that is still admired today. After further ownership of the 1908, it was bought by the Ritter de Zahony Barons, which cared for a complete restoration.
Among the illustrious guests are the French historian and statesman Adolph Thiers and the American writer Mark Twain, whose wife walks right in this villa.
The building has a very simple layout, with three floors in the upstream part, while from the side of the garden there is a 19th century loggia with three arches on twin columns, replacing an older eighteenth-century loggia. The main entrance is on the mountain side, with a large portal accessing an atrium enriched by marble busts and once frescoed; From the lobby begins a monumental gray stone staircase leading to the first floor where the main hall is located, the latter high about 6 meters and the ceiling turned and frescoed with nineteenth-century motifs; is connected to other equally grand rooms and to the gallery that runs parallel to the terrace above the exterior porch from which you can enjoy the view of the large Italian garden and the large lawn of the English park. Currently the villa needs some structural and conservative interventions on the outside.
The Italian garden and the villa rise on a terracing that elevates them to the remaining English park, almost to create a clear distinction between the formalism of one and the naturalness of the second. Moreover, this geometric garden is surrounded by a balustrade surmounted by eighteenth-century statues, the same motif found in the terrace above the loggia that overlooks this garden. It looks like an Italian geometric garden, although the complicated design of boxwood beds is defined as French, with a circular marble basin in the center. On the south side it is closed by a beautiful lemon tree, with two raised bodies that we used to host the servitude dwellings.
The 19th century park is further extended, consisting of a greenish spot of greenery that is the backdrop to the main building. It is a typical romantic park in English, with a large lawn surrounded by a driveway, with a classic temple that has as its scenery some resinous trees and oaks, a pond and several statues that dotted it.
The tree species are numerous: mountain maple, hippocastan, bush, Arizona cypress, common cypress, ginkgo biloba, laurel hedges, various species of pine trees, plantains, holm oak, fern, red oak, sequoia, elm and viburno tino.
ENERGY CLASS: G 290 kWh / m2 a