The property is located in the Siena countryside, 6 km from San Gimignano and 4 km from Poggibonsi. It has an overall surface of 300 sqm, currently divided into two apartments, one of 100 sqm and one of 200 sq. It is located on the upper floor of the medieval structure dating back to 1100 and occupies the entire nave of the ancient chapel, the central body and the observation tower from the first floor to the third and last.
There are 4 rooms, two living rooms, two salt rooms and 4 bathrooms. However, having a single supporting wall, the internal division can easily be modified to your liking and according to your needs.
Restored according to the rules of the Superintendence of Fine Arts, it is cataloged as a good historical and artistic national, as the Tower (whose official documents date back to 1036), entirely in original cooktops, is the first construction of this type in Tuscany, the last one left.
The renovation was carried out by keeping the original features intact and increasing their value thanks to walnut finishes, irradiated methane heating, double glazing and autoventilated roof, which make the property energy-class A. Other features are natural white oak flooring without glue, whirlpool, and well 27 windows for unrivaled brightness.
There are also 3 adjoining private car spaces, and a basement garage, which also serves as a 20 sqm cellar.
The Magione of Torri, on the oldest valley route of the Via Francigena, and at the confluence of this with the so-called Volterrana Sud, is located about 3 kilometers from Poggibonsi and 6 from San Gimignano, on Cusona - Ulignano.
It was a great magician of the Knights of St. John, the Gerosolimitans, who used it in 1173 for a general chapter of the order for its greatness and receptive capacity. It was built at the beginning of the second millennium (the Towers of Watching since 1036) and consisted of a larger church, a large hospice (the Innocent Spedale) for pilgrims adjacent to it and other complementary services. A walled wall and a single access door between the two tall clay towers (one of which survived) was the subject of not too many of the lords of the area. Of the ancient Romanesque church, used for a long time as a tin, remained after the restoration work: the top of the façade with the small walled rosette, part of the portal bezel, and the beautiful serene stone portal that was supposed to be an access secondary to the health care complex. Magione is considered by law as an inalienable historical and artistic art.
ENERGY CLASS: G 290 kWh / m2 a