Coldwell Banker Ostuni offers for sale in exclusive Masseria Mogaveri, a marvelous historical structure meticulously restored maintaining the historical and architectural charm characteristic of the territory.
The structure of the buildings, built around the 1550, can be used as a "tourist - residential complex".
It consists of a main area and a subordinate area.
The area of the main building is divided into 3 blocks:
PT - 1 block
It consists of an entrance tunnel, with an arched vault and a large access door (?? 600 style) in galvanized steel, with a pedestrian door and a peephole. From the tunnel leads to a living room with fireplace, kitchen done in ancient style with white tiles handmade, outdoor summer kitchen, bright and airy, bathroom with sanitary and antique-style accessories, covered veranda with wood-burning oven and fracassè, room storage room and stairs for access to the First Floor.
PT - 2 block
The entrance tunnel leads to a living room (suite) to be used also for reception, bar, leisure and entertainment, served by bathroom and showers.
1 ° P. - 3 block
It consists of a living room with fireplace, a service on the floor, and a double bedroom (bedroom of the ancient owners). From the living room there is access to the level terrace used as a solarium, and to the stairway to the panoramic terraces of the 1 ° P. On these terraces there is a dovecote tower and a guard tower. From this level you can admire the various neighboring masserie, the municipalities of Francavilla, Latiano, Ceglie and Oria with its superb castle; all set in an ocean of olive trees.
External fixtures in galvanized steel reproducing the style of ancient wooden doors.
External showcases in electro-painted aluminum section with thermal break with double glazing, in style with the old wooden doors.
Interior fixtures in solid wood in style with the doors of the time.
Plasters and finishes
The vaulted and barrel vaults have been restored to their ancient splendor, so they are exposed
The walls are white plastered with natural stucco powders. The lower parts of the walls are treated with special anti-humidifying plasters.
Floors and walls
The floors are in silk-screened tiles with seven layers of ceramic enamel reproducing natural stones, assembled according to the "Roman opus" module. The white kitchen tiles are all hand-made and glazed.
Lighting - the illuminating parts, sconces, lanterns and chandeliers, reproduce the antique style. The external wrought-iron torch-holders are used for medieval evenings in costume.
The subordinate fabricated area is being recovered, and is divided into 2 blocks:
1 ° block
It is composed of two ancient buildings; one with a barrel vault and the other with a vaulted ceiling, merged into a single hall that can be used as a conference hall, events, exhibitions, ballroom, restaurant, and more. There are adjacent toilets for men and women. The saloon, of around 100 sqm. of useful surface, it has two luminous accesses on the area that separates it from the main building; said area (the ancient Aia) is suitable for parties, anniversaries, dances, events, plays and catering with the arrangement of appropriate gazebos. Furthermore, it has two additional accesses on the opposite side (east).
2 ° block
This block (ancient dormitory) consists of four times of star type with an ancient fireplace. Four bedrooms can be obtained, two with access from the west and two with access from the east. A project is underway for the recovery of the structure, extraordinary maintenance, - building dated 1550-1590 - and the construction of four toilets to be aggregated to the aforementioned rooms. There is an external staircase to access the terraces that overlook the four sides of the structure and therefore the ancient Hague and the garden.
The entire area occupies an area of approx. 16.642; the same is completely fenced with dry masonry surmounted by a net and metal poles. There are two entrances; the main entrance, with an automatic gate flanked by two stylish columns, leads into a tree-lined avenue with two rows of pines on the right and two on the left. Near the main building there is a shed made of wire mesh covered with climbing plants such as jasmine, passion flower and ivy. The secondary entrance, with manual gate, is in use for the processing means.
The area outside the group of buildings is composed of an olive grove area, a parking area of approx. 880, a tennis court area to be finished, a pine forest area, a shaded area with almond and prickly pears, and an area reserved for various destinations, including mini-apartments for tourist reception, large swimming pool, play area, and more.
The internal area which has an area of approx. 2.528, also completely fenced and therefore defended, includes the block of buildings and the surrounding areas as described below.
Paved open area, suitable for recurrences, dances, catering, as previously indicated (the ancient Aia).
Garden area with gazebo, flower beds and fountains with water, outdoor showers and surface for a future irregularly shaped pool of approximately 40 sqm.
Area to the north: orchard
Area to the east: various crops of vegetables and small fruits.
The internal area is accessed not only from the entrance door, but also from a manual gate at the back for access to workers and their means of transport.
Some stretches of the enclosure of the internal area are of ancient times; they are, in effect, dry-stone walls almost three meters high and with a thickness of over 1,5 m.
An artesian well with prof. of mt. 135. The water fills three tanks as water reserves. One, located in the main building to supply the services, the second is outside for irrigation, the third is located in the recovery hall. On the whole extension there is an irrigation system fed directly from the artesian well. Sewer drain with settling tank and Imhoff pit.
Trees and plants
More than 400 trees have been implanted, in addition to many special plants. Below is a list of the varieties of trees present and some of the most representative plants.
Fruit trees and shade trees
Olive - Fig - Prickly pear with white and yellow fruits - Mulberry with white, black and red fruits -
Nocciolo - Noce - Mandorlo - Nespolo - Normal and giant jujube - Pero - Sorbo -
White azzeruolo - Apricot - Pomegranate - Amarena - Cherry - Melo - Orange -
Bitter orange - Cedr - Lemon - Mandarin - Corbezzolo - Quince - Kaki - Feijoia -
Wild blackberry - Aleppo and fruit pine - Palm - Bamboo cane - Cocus - Mimosa
Red maple - Albizia - False pepper - Rubinia - Quercia - Leccio - Carrubo - Bagolado -
Thuja - Washingtonia pilifera.
Pyracantha - Chamaerops - Ivy - Cycas - Dracaena- Yucca - Cactus - Agave - Boxwood -
Passiflora caerulea from fruit - Passiflora - Strawberry - Rosemary - Salvi - Caper - Mint -
Oregano - Blackberry without thorns - American vine - Jasmine - Wisteria - Muse - Fern -
Lantana - Hoya wax plant - Echinocactus - Geranium.
The district "Mogaveri" takes its name from the ancient owners, clerics, belonging to the Curia
Bishop of Oria. The noble house of the Mogavero descends from Marco, living in the 1490, and from
Lucrezio, Antonio and Leonardo. The ancient Masseria, datable around the middle of the 1500, was already
surveyed in the Land Registry on the 1592. Notar Ferrari Marsilio is mentioned in the 1596.
Don Cola Mogavero signs a declaration concerning the olive trees he rented in the 1556.
Don Quinto Mogavero, son of Luigi and Giulia Corrente, makes a will in the 1583.
Antonio Mogavero, descendant of the family of Marc Antonio Mogavero, is the most representative, e
he is the heir of Donato Mogavero. Born around the 1550, he is a cleric in the 1565; in the 1572 he is deacon e
Beneficiary of the Chapel of St. Mary of Constantinople.
In the 1579 he is a secular priest and until the 1583 he appears to have been away from home.
From the 1585 to the 1588 he carries out the duties of an attorney in Rome. In 1589 it is present in Francavilla.
From 1591 he teaches music in Venice, where the following publications appear: Canzonette
alla Napoletana (1591); First Book of Songs with four voices (1596); the Madrigal "Divine
Fiamma del Cielo "(1597); the third book of the Madrigals" Vezzi amorosi "(1598).
The Mogavero, at the service of the Habsburgs, from the 1604 to the 1621 is a music teacher at the Seminar
Patriarchal of Venice. In the 1623 he publishes in Venice the "Score Lamentatorum Ieremiae
Profetae "with dedication dated in Madrid.
In the 1624 Ferdinand of Austria *, (1609-1641) Cardinal Infante of Spain, sends
Credentials to the King of Spain Philip IV **, (1605-1665) in favor of the Mogavero, who
he was appointed Director of the Royal Chapel of Madrid until 1634, the year of his death.