In the municipality of Castiglione del Lago, in the center of the intersection of the provinces of Siena, Arezzo and Perugia and a few kilometers from Montepulciano and Cortona ancient monastic village dating back to 1600, carefully restored in total respect of the original architecture currently used as a luxury relais.
Castiglione del Lago, a small town near Trasimeno Lake, offers all services. and which is from the property in question about 10 km. You can visit important historical centers such as Cortona, Montepulciano, Chiusi, Perugia, Arezzo and Siena, all within the 60Km area. Also, by taking the A1 motorway from Chiusi-Chianciano Terme or Bettolle, you can reach important cities such as Rome or Florence. Closest station, Chiusi Scali station, is about 20Km and the nearest airport, the one in Florence, is about 120.
The property consists of:
- Main building made up of 17 finely furnished rooms with period furniture: antique paintings, carpets, curtains.
- breakfast room consisting of two rooms besides kitchen
- restaurant where you can taste dishes of high cuisine and the oldest Tuscan food and wine tradition; the gorgeous cellar located below the restaurant offering an assortment of over 500 national and international labels
- an environment placed in the middle of the garden, used to taste selections of rum and cognac or to listen to some excellent live music
- the lemon groom perfectly and cleverly restored in addition to its winter garden where conventions, meetings, courses, business dinners and weddings are organized. These buildings overlook the large garden and terrace with gorgeous fountain.
The whole village is surrounded by a garden / park with hedges, tall trees, roses and various plants where inside it is located between the two main buildings a large pool with solarium and outdoor bar used in the summer months. In two distinct areas of the property is located a parking for relais guests and one for the guests of the limonaia.
Condition and finishes
The entire village preserves intact a good part of the original features of the era of construction: terracotta floors, ceilings in beams and bricks, travertine stairs and loggias, while the bathrooms have been renovated with Vietri ceramics and some in style a little more modern.
Potential for use
This property is suitable for both those who want to continue their holiday / dining activities and for others who want to find an important, exclusive and private residence where they can also accommodate and receive. You can also consider the possibility of buying only part of the property and exclude from it the catering and event organization activities.